About Our Foundation
The Towards Faith Foundation is the charitable arm of the Towards Faith brand. We established a foundation in order to create effective fundraising campaigns to respond to emergencies, lift people out of poverty, and provide educational resources to those who need it the most. With partner with established NGO’s in the UK who are trusted and accountable in delivering aid and educational programmes.
How We Work
Every year Towards Faith creates online fundraising campaigns in order to respond to the needs of the world’s poorest people. Our users donate their Zakat and Sadaqah to transparent, accountable and on the ground projects that provide aid to those who need it the most. 100% of the money that is raised goes directly to our delivery partners who then deploy the resources on the ground.
"We wanted to implement good in the world through the power of communities in Ramadan."
Zakat Syria Campaign 2016
The goal of the project was to increase the access to safe and clean water in Rural Damascus (Rhaybeh and Juroud) through drilling new boreholes and rehabilitation of old boreholes to make them functional. The main water networks and pipes were also extended.
- Drilling Boreholes – boreholes were drilled and provided with equipment and extension of network.
- Water Pumping Test – water was tested within 24 hours of drilling the borehole to ensure specifications were accurate and according to requirement i.e. flow, static head, dynamic head.
- Water Quality Test – the team took samples from the drilled boreholes and conducted water analysis which included physical, chemical and biology analysis.
- Installing the Borehole Equipment – this included submersible pumps, electric board, electric cable, plastic pipes, rope and NEVO cable which includes sensors to protect the submersible pump when water levels decrease under it.
- Water Network – to enhance access of water, networks were expanded from boreholes to entrance of neighborhoods. This means we could provide easy access to sufficient quantities of water.
- 7 new boreholes in Rhaybeh and extension of water network
- Rehabilitation of 3 boreholes and expansion of water network in Juroud